MODK1402 : Connecting DP ports to HDMI monitors

• Hello.

I'm the proud owner of a DK1402, which is a nice object. It works perfectly fine as a Hub and an HDMI monitor connected to the HDMI output.

I'd like to connect two more HDMI (though DVI may also be an option) monitors through the two DisplayPort connectors of the dock, but I connot get them working or even detected by the OS.

I tried regular DP to HDMI cables; that doesn't work but was somewhat expected. I also try Active DP to HMDI adapters, but that does not work either, which is more surprising. Question is: is there a way to make things work? Can you come with a proven solution (specific adapter to buy, or anything) ?

DVI input is also an option on the monitor side, but DK1402 does not support DP++ AFAIK. Could it be of some use?

I'm using a DELL laptop with a Thunderbolt 4 / DisplayPort Alternate UBS-C port. Everything is correctly plugged in, using adapted USB-C cables (Thunderbolt etc), BIOS and all relevant drivers are up-to-date.

I thank all of you in advance for your precious help.

Regards.

• Hi @Philippe

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please provide your detailed laptop model( Such as: HP Pavilion x360 2-in-1)and product SN.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards

• Hello

My laptop is a DELL Precision 3570.

My MODK1402 SN is 2346.

Since yesterday I tested the DK1402 on a screen with native DP interface (I have one at my office) and the DP ports work fine in this situation. I also tested my HDMI screens with a DP adapter with another docking station using DP output (a Port Connect model 901910W a borrowed from the office) and they also worked fine. Problem is I can't swap the MoKIN and the Port Connect since the later does not belong to me.

The only thing I can't, and need to do is using the HDMI screens with the DP outputs of the DK1402.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

• Hi @Philippe 

Thanks for your reply and provide the detail information.

For solve the problem you meet,please listen our advices and try to do that as follows :

① DP-HDMI is directional. You need to confirm whether it is HDMI to DP (the HDMI port is plugged into the computer side and DP is plugged into the monitor side), or DP to HDMI (the DP port is plugged into the computer side and HDMI is plugged into the monitor side);

② We do not recommend such a secondary transfer because we cannot confirm compatibility and adaptability when it comes to third-party products. You need to use the same HDMI-HDMI cable and DP-DP cable at both ends to connect the docking and monitor.

③ If you are use a DP-HDMI or HDMI-DP cable to connect, open the display settings and see if it is recognized. If it is not recognized, it means it cannot be used at all; if it can be recognized but the screen does not light up, consider manually updating the processor's integrated graphics driver or upgrade program.

④ Everything is normal if connected correctly according to the routine, there is no problem with our product.

Best regards

• Hello

Answers to your points are in the previous posts.

Let's keep things simple: Try to make a DP to HDMI link work with a DK1402. Then, if you actually get this achievement, just tell me wich precise brand & model of cable & adapter you used for that purpose so I can order the right thing.

Problem is I don't have a full collection of those things, and they are expensive enough I won't order them blindly. That's why I request your help, since I guess you may have some stuff on your side.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

• Hello @Philippe 

We can't confirm the secondary transfer. Our suggestion is to use HDMI-HDMI, DP-DP cables.

Best regards