MOTB0101 Display/video artifacts on the DP ports

• Unfortunately, the MOTB0101 generates display/video artifacts on both DP ports. I tried two brand new MOTB0101 docking stations, and they both behave in this way, so I am guessing that this is a design or manufacturing issue, not just a random faulty item.

And yes, I have other DP docking stations (by different manufacturers), that do not behave like this, so the issue can be placed squarely with MOKIN.

I wanted to love this docking station, but it wasn't meant to be.

• Hi @Cristian Cocos

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us.

Sorry for the inconvenience for you. Please provide the laptop model. We will try our best to solve the problem you face.

You also can contact us at support@mokintech.com.

Best regards

MOKIN Support

• @Mokin Global: laptop is LG Gram 2023 (17ZB90R-K)--see below system details.

• Hi @Cristian Cocos 

Thanks for the quick response. For this problem, please try to do that as follows:

1) Please try to update the graphics card driver manually. Here are the steps:

① Identify the Intel® processor number and note the Intel® processor (for example: i5-10210U);(Win+R) Enter dxdiag
    ② Go to Download Center(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html) and enter the processor number (determined in step 1) in the search bar.
    ③ Then select the desired driver result. If available, we recommend selecting the Intel Graphics - Windows* DCH driver to get the latest driver updates.
    ④ After selecting the required program, click Download and open the .exe file.
    ⑤ Follow the steps to install until the installer displays that the installation is complete.
    ⑥ After running the .exe file, follow these steps to verify the installation: Open Device Manager(Right-click My Computer Manage Device Manager Display Adapters)
    Verify driver version and driver date are correct.

2) Please adjust the resolution refresh rate and change other specifications to see if there are still ghost images;

3) Please provide a video to see the specific situation to solve the problem quickly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

MOKIN Support

• The latest version of the display drivers is already installed: There is no update available. (And, as I was saying, docking stations from different manufacturers do not behave that way, hence it's hard to believe that it's a drivers matter.)

Also, I did another experiment, and moved my monitors to the two TB4 outputs, and all problems disappeared! So it looks like the issue is with the two DP ports: they are either broken, or you guys may need to look into updating the firmware.

• Hi @Cristian Cocos 

Thanks for the quick response.

① Manually update the graphics card driver, which is the updated integrated graphics driver. You need to download it from the Intel official website. And please provide specific information about the computer processor and the version of the integrated graphics card to see if it is the latest; check method: (press win+X, select system, get the processor information; right-click "This PC" on the desktop, select Management, click Device Manager, open "Display Adapters", right-click the graphics card, select Properties, then click Driver, you can see the driver version)

② Please provide the picture on the back of the product.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

MOKIN Support